Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hey...Wood!

I continuously get emails from work colleagues that address me as Howard, Edward, Haywood and others. Maybe it's a sign that everyone only skims an email because they have too many to read in a day.

I'm feeling a little like Durwood.

Is it wrong or petty to intentionally misspell their name when responding? Probably.

Update: I don't actually do that. The urge just comes over me sometimes.

8 comments:

normadesmond said...

i love when people that you don't even know decide what they'll call you and shorten your name in an effort to be chummy. i always embarrass them by correcting their moronic faux pas.

yes, i am a shit!

The Mistress said...

I refuse to answer until they address me as Mistress MJ.

And kiss the hem of my garment.

hayward said...

People can be swine. My mother is the only one who calls me by a shortened name.

I hear Mistress MJ's hem is laden with Jameson whiskey. You might find me sucking it dry.

jason said...

I actually have a co worker with Hayward as a surname.
Everytime someone calls him "Heywood" (which is CONSTANT) he goes off. Now I see why

hayward said...

It's bothersome when someone you've worked with for 10 years or more does it. Those are the ones, much like Endora, are just being insulting.

The Mistress said...

Oh Hayward, you sweet talker, you.

ayeM8y said...

Well it is an unusual name.

I have a friend with the same problem, ‘Dormon’, he always gets Door Man. I work occasionally with a woman who says, “Everyone calls me Johnny”. I detest her. So I call her Ms. Spencer just to get her back and told her that I thought calling her ‘Johnny’ was being a little too familiar.

When I really want to be a bitch I tell people that I curse their name and wish a pox on it. “One day in the future someone will commit heinous crimes against nature and they will have your exact name for which you will suffer with the rest of your life.”

Like the Hitler’s, Nixon’s, and Dahmer’s of the world.

Sister Sharonda said...

I see a friend of a friend several times a year, and have for a number of years, and every time I see her she calls me by a different name and it's never anything close to mine. Last time i was "Oh Renee, it's always so great to see you!" I never correct her and neither does our mutual friend.