Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

The County Fair is this week. Tonight I popped over to see a friend of mine perform who is one of two women in a really great band. They claim their genre to be bluesfolkabillyrock. Which means they play whatever feels good at the moment.

Tonight was a bit special as the other singer's mom who is also a musician joined on the bongos. Then there was the cute young fellow on the flugal horn who really wailed on his solos. Then the "old fart" over on keyboards. They played mostly original stuff with some Janis and Bob Dylan sprinkled in for good measure.

Now the important thing to know is that there is no liquor served at this fair. So there I am trying my best to let my hair down after a ridiculous workday when this stoner sits next to me. We shared one exchange but all I can think about is whether or not I should ask him to hook me up. Then the girls announce from the stage that it is stoner's 21st birthday. Cue the feeling of being REALLY OLD.

I had to leave after the first set as it's past my bedtime. But I'll be going to see them perform on Saturday. I'll be properly greased up before I get there.

btw...I'm really proud of myself. I did NOT have a corn dog.


3 comments:

jason said...

gee, no pot and no alcohol is one thing, but resisting a corn dog at a state fair, wow..kudos to you. That's some will power.

the cajun said...

Corn Dog? Oh, noes...I've eaten so many in my life that I can hardly look at them now. And they are part of the kids menu at the restaurant.

I miss Janis, too.

The Mistress said...

"Greased up" is a good term for it.

I always say "liquored up".