
I must admit that I'm a sucker for a silly romantic comedy. Yesterday I saw Coffee Date with Jonathan Bray which was light and fluffy and I enjoyed it. He plays a straight man who befriends a gay fellow and before you know it his family and entire office thinks that he is gay.
One scene includes the hysterically funny and talented Carol Ann Susi. Her scene is quite brief and she plays an Executive Assistant who stops him in the hall to ask his advice on something. She goes on to tell him that she and her husband are experimenting with "the back door" and that she needs some advice on available lubricant products. Not awkward at all.
This photo is from her portrayal as the secretary in Secret of My Success with Michael J. Fox.

For those of us who watch a bit of television, Carol Ann Susi is the voice of Howard's mother on The Big Bang Theory. We never see her but she is always yelling to him from the other room in that nagging mother style.
I think we've all seen something on tv to which she has contributed.
Anyway, I think she's funny.
Carry on.
2 comments:
When I had TV access I watched Coffee Date on LOGO twice. It was cute with some funny lines and touching scenes, but it didn't take me anywhere interesting.
The fact that the 'straight' guy at least likes the other guy enough to attempt sex did make me feel good about the whole straight/gay relationship brouhaha these days. He cared enough - and a willing participant - to see far he was really able to go.
Just my two-cents.
I didn't know she was the voice of Howard's mom.
I need to come on over here more often!
Post a Comment