
It's 2011 and I feel like I missed the party. Early in the day yesterday I was having a grand time participating in Boxer's virtual party.
While fixing myself a ham & swiss on rye for lunch, the storm sirens started to blare. So John and I rounded up the pooches and headed for the basement. I ran back up the steps to get my sandwich and looked out the window. The sky seemed fine although dark clouds could be seen about 10 miles or so away. It was my understanding that the front was passing to the north and would not affect us directly. There was no rain and it all seemed odd.

Next thing I know the electricity went out. It only went out about 30 seconds and then the sirens stopped. Everything seemed fine so we went on with our day although the cable and internet were down.
A little while later we received a call that 4 small twisters were spotted near town. One of them tore through the neighboring lakeside neighborhood and quite a few homes are now uninhabitable. There were no fatalities although a tree fell on top of a car being driven by a woman we know. She has minor injuries.

The cable and internet came up a few minutes ago and I have tons of catching up to do. Mother Nature threw me out of the party early but at least everyone is ok.
9 comments:
That's certainly a dramatic way to start off.
Welcome mrpeenee! I'm looking forward to a drama free weekend. One would think rural Illinois would have no problem with that.
Wow-zer! Do you have a great excuse for missing the last part of the party, or WHAT?
Glad you're all safe and sound and thanks for partipating.
Happy New Year!!
That's certainly not an excuse I can borrow. Damn.
Glad you're okay.
Talk about starting the year off with a bang!
Yay! Nekkid Twister!
That boy should have worn clean shorts! Or.. maybe that shot was taken after the storms had passed...
either way I'm just glad that you are safe... Happier New Year than Its early beginnings..
oh hai Bitches...
oh my goodness!
I'm sure somewhere 4 twisters on New Years is good luck.
I'm just glad you're all safe.
okay, but whose ass is that?
Whoa! I had no idea your area was in a "zone" and you seemed to take it in stride.
Proud of you, I am.
Happy New Year! Let's hope the rest is less dramatic and dangerous.
Post a Comment