Friday, December 31, 2010

A Good Cause

For those of you who may be surfing the internet today because you're bored or killing time, please head over to Chickory for a worthy cause that won't cost you anything but a little time.

We are being challenged to create a garland or other handmade decoration that has Happy New Year on it. Post a photo of it on your own blog and then head over to comment on Chickory that you have made one. For each one made a $10 donation will be made to a very worthy single foster mother of 4 by the name of Heather.

So what are you waiting for? Head over there now to read the details and I want to hear some scissors moving!!

Here's the photo of mine. To make it my own I used both yellow and white paper. I also added the center discs from my 45 vinyl records. Festive!!

10 comments:

hayward said...

I don't hear enough people scissoring.

The Mistress said...

I've been drinking (yes I know it's before noon, thank you very much) so it's best I not play with scissors.

Lovin' your garland...especially the use of the 45s inserts.

Jenny said...

I cut my last night - going out for glue sticks. NICELY DONE!!!!

ayeM8y said...

I'll see what I can do!

Yet another thing to add to list today...

LaDivaCucina said...

Happy New Year and WELL DONE! C U at Boxers later!

chickory said...

SUPER COOL 45 inserts as elements. this is the best! I love it and bless you for your contribution to Heather the Foster Parents KITTY. and thanks for the shout out. so, see you later tonight at the party??? Hope so.

happy new year!

moi said...

That is one inspired garland! Happy New Year and enjoy the party!

Buzz Kill said...

I just did one of these. It's way tougher than it looks. Look here.

normadesmond said...

you did a beautiful job! sadly, my nails are wet.

Roses said...

I too was not to be trusted with sharp implements, but I'm lovin' your effort.

Very purdy.

Happy New Year honey!

xxxx