Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flooding in Australia

This morning while visiting the blogs of Princess and Damien I've discovered our brothers and sisters of Australia need our support. Disastrous flooding is occurring in the East.



Greg Kowald was driving through the center of Toowoomba when a terrifying, tsunami-like wall of water roared through the streets of the northeast Australian city.

Office windows exploded, cars careened into trees and bobbed in the churning brown water like corks. The deluge washed away bridges and sidewalks; people desperately clung to power poles to survive. Before it was over, the flash flood left at least 10 dead and 78 missing

The rest of the NPR article here.

Today I offer prayers for those that have lost their lives and also for those communities still in harm's way, especially our dear Princess and Damien.

1 comment:

The Mistress said...

I join you in wishing them safe and dry and may the waters subside soon.

I'll put something up on my blog too.