Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cozy Spot to Read a Book


UPDATE: My own spots for reading when not laying in bed...

...in my home office...



...or in the sunroom.

6 comments:

The Mistress said...

Do you have a cozy spot for reading?

And how are you liking that eReader?

Princess said...

Wow..no skimping on the wood paneling here...
A great little reading nook...

hayward said...

Updated photos posted for you MJ with my reading spots.

So far I like the eReader. I doubt it is a good option for non-fiction how-to books. I need the glossy color pictures for that kind of thing. And it's certainly not a replacement for art or coffee table books. But for everything else it's great. I'm about out of bookshelf space and with my pending move to a smaller space that will be helpful.

I think I briefly read that one can share the notes and highlights you make with other people. Not sure how that works but could be convenient for a book club situation.

The Mistress said...

Shove over so I can snuggle with you. Very cozy.

As for the eReader, I'd want it only for fiction.

Is Santa reading this?

ayeM8y said...

My dad is an architect and we grew up in Jackson Miss. and although I don’t like to boast or brag but, my next door neighbor Mrs. Bailey Sr. lived in a A. Hays Town designed home. It was a villa really...The front was unassuming with a large portico entrance with green painted arched wooden gate doors and rustic hardware. That led into a courtyard with a center garden and fountain. The whole house wrapped around the courtyard with balconies and stairs.

It was yummy.

He also designed Bailey High School in extreme moderne style. It always reminded me of the witch’s castle in Wizard of Oz.

hayward said...

Very cool MDP. Being a southerner at heart, he ranks as a top favorite for me. Is your Dad a residential or architect?
I ran across this post which shows one of Town's homes in disrepair. This is the kind of thing I would love to buy and renovate. If money fell from the sky that is.