Rarely do I spend my mad money on electronics but recently I purchased an Amazon Kindle. Maybe when I turn 80 I'll be buying my first iPad. This Kindle was briefly used for two months by a friend who sold it to me for half price. Such a bargain!
I fully expected not to like it. This friend let me give it a test drive and I am 50% through a book he had already purchased.
It's not a book I would have purchased myself but interesting enough to test out the device.
Honestly I love it.
Yes, there is something tragic about no real pages to turn. But it's one device where you can store lots of books which is great for traveling. Not that I go anywhere, but you never know when the mood will strike.
Surely with each one of these sold, another book seller inches a bit closer to financial ruin. I think of the scene from 84 Charing Cross Road when Anne Bancroft finds the book shop empty. Of course the shopkeeper had died in the story, but you get the idea. Maybe that book would make a good first purchase.
3 comments:
I think I'd miss the turning of pages and the morning after... waking up with them stuck to my face...
Congratulations on your bargain purchase...
one of my most favorite movies!
Hmm...I'll take your word on it.
I dunno.
I find myself losing concentration unless it's printed on a....wait, what was I saying again?
Post a Comment