Here we are departing the shop and making the short journey to the interurban bike trail.
And here is a shot down the bike path which is rather tranquil. It passes near a beautiful lake and also across several bridges. There were nesting geese and the turtles were all out sunning themselves. I was a bit too busy keeping myself upright to take many photos.
This shop also has some vintage bikes including a 70's Schwinn tandem and others that people rode on the trail. If this one below ever makes an appearance on their products list I will purchase immediately. Of course it will need an orange flag on the back for a bit of style and some playing cards held on the spokes with clothes pins for sound effect.

Events like this always attract a wide array of enthusiasts.
There were the two heavy fellows that I thought were queens but was totally wrong about. Sorry guys if you ever read this.
Then there are those people who act like you are completely in their way. They say "passing on your left" with a snide undertone that the trail should be restricted from the wrong element. For them I pretend to waver out of control as they pass to make them nervous.
Then there are those dressed like Lance Armstrong on their way to the Tour de France. How they ride on those tiny seats I seriously have no idea. My ass hurts just looking at those seats.


Alas, no new bike for Hayward. But that's just fine as I had a wonderful time and made a few new friends.
5 comments:
There were the two heavy fellows that I thought were queens but was totally wrong about. Sorry guys if you ever read this.
What did you do to them?
Did you squeal and say 'hey girl' a lot?
Next time I'm out riding my bicycle, I'll be singing this song.
I like a nice comfortable wide-ass bicycle seat.
ayeM8y, I said "yum" about a passing cyclist within their earshot. Not really a huge deal but I am in rural Illinois after all.
Oh, me too MJ. Those others look like they need to be surgically removed.
Here's a little riding music.
sounds like you had fun...
LOVE that banana seated bike!
Post a Comment