Friday, October 1, 2010

I was hoping it was a dream

Last night I let the dogs out for a final moment in the yard and then walked to the bathroom for my own final moment of the day. The floor of my downstairs bathroom was slightly wet which was very odd. Then I heard what sounded like water hitting the floor but behind the wall. Behind the wall in that spot is the return on the upstairs bathroom and my John was upstairs cleaning his teeth.

I went into the very creepy basement. My house is 143 years old and I DO NOT typically go into the basement after dark. More on that later. There is obviously a leak and I also think that some of the floor boards in that area are rotten. So I shut off the water and went to bed.








In between conference calls today I'll need to deal with this problem. I suspect the bathroom will need to be gutted. Otherwise someone will be sitting on the commode one day and find themselves falling into the basement. Not a pretty thought.

5 comments:

the cajun said...

Must be something in the stars this week.

Two co-workers have had similar problems at their homes and I had to deal with a plumber resealing my toilet because it was leaking into the downstairs childcare center.

Good luck with your problem.

The Mistress said...

Your going to have to deal with a clogged toilet too by the looks of it.

The Mistress said...

Ooooo...just saw John Hamm in your new "For Your Viewing Pleasure" feature.

Yummy.

Princess said...

Nothing worse than the "Thunderbox"
Crashing through to the basement in the middle of the night.... or at anytime that one might be sitting upon the throne for that matter...
May i suggest getting in a handsome plumber to see to your pipes...

hayward said...

John Hamm is welcome to work on my pipes. It would make me much more agreeable.