Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Once in a Lifetime

A few weeks ago John and I were leaving from an appointment in town. The sun was shining and the weather was glorious when one of these passed us on the street with the top down. The passengers were smartly dressed on their outing.

I thought I was dreaming. This is a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost and I literally thought I was seeing one.

I immediately made a U-turn but there was traffic and caught a red light. The car was gone.

We stopped for a quick lunch and then started on the short 30 mile trip back home along the old state highway. There are corn fields and some slight rolling hills. Halfway home another one passed us, then a third, then a fourth and so on. There must have been about 10 cars which were all pre-1930 or so.

It was a glorious day indeed.